Download and Compile
dnstop is now on github.
You can also browse the source code directory where
we have both tarballs and individual source files, but these may not be maintained going forward.
Before compiling dnstop, make sure that libpcap is installed on
dnstop is known to compile and run on:
- Mac OS X 10, with fink installed.
- you can find dns/dnstop in the Ports
- you can find net/dnstop in the Packages
- Gentoo Linux
- you can find net-dns/dnstop in Portage
- Debian Linux
- You can find dnstop in the unstable/main archive.
Latest versions are available from:
deb http://dev.lashout.net/debian /
deb-src http://dev.lashout.net/debian /
- Fedora/Redhat/CentOS Linux
- You can find dnstop in the EPEL repository and 'yum install' it from there.
- Compiling source on Linux
- You may need to change -lcurses to -lncurses in Makefile
- Solaris 2.6, 8, 9 (with minor tweaks)
- remove # from XTRALIBS in Makefile
Please send compilation problems and other bugs to
wessels at measurement-factory.com.
dnstop is licensed under the BSD